“Ashdown Creative” means Andy Ashdown Design t/a Ashdown Creative;
The terms “Ashdown Creative” or “us” or “we” refers to the data controller.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Mr A P Ashdown whose office address is Pilgrim House, 51-63 St Dunstan’s Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1AA.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data do we collect from you?
When you use our website we receive information about you. We may also collect information about you through email.
We may collect the following information that you provide by filling in forms on this website including contact forms:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Address and details of your organisation.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
- Where available, your IP address.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information relevant to special offers and surveys.
We may also collect details of your visit to the website including location data and traffic data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To customise the website for you.
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you.
- To fulfil our statutory obligations.
We may also use and disclose personal information to comply with the law, to enforce our terms and conditions, and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, and property.
We only keep this information for as long as the information is required in accordance with applicable laws and accountancy purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that we only process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so, and that your information is secure. The reason for processing your personal data includes, but is not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract, to enable billing and remittance, and to contact you for customer service purposes.
In order to prevent unauthorised access, unauthorised or unlawful processing, or disclosure, and to protect against accidental loss, destruction or damage we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data that we collect is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA) and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
In the event of a security breach that results in an intrusion of our system that materially affects you, then we will notify you as soon as possible and let you know what action we took in response to the breach once we have fully investigated it.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to withdraw or restrict the collection and use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com, writing to us or contacting us through this website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We keep a record of when and how we got your consent along with what you were told at the time.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Ashdown Creative, Pilgrim House, 51-63 St Dunstan’s Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1AA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.